Why EasyCare service contracts
At JE Robison Service, we highly recommend service contracts for late model cars. We find the peace of mind and predictable upkeep costs offered by a contract lead to happier owners, and the existence of a contract at resale time substantially enhances a vehicles value. We offer EasyCare service contracts on most vehicles we sell. In addition, we offer EasyCare protection for cars we did not sell, provided they are currently under manufacturer warranty and meet certain criteria.
are a great idea!
is the name for the family of service contracts provided by Automobile Protection Corporation. APCO is one of America's largest administrators of automobile service contracts. APCO was a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company until being bought back by its management in April 2007. Until last year, APCO served as administrator of the Land Rover Certified and Assured programs, Volvo VIP, Mazda Certified and Jaguar Certified programs.
J E Robison Service Co Inc an independent business is the authorized dealer for APCO EasyCare contracts in Springfield, Massachusetts. We sell EasyCare contracts to JE Robison Service customers anywhere. Purchase a Contract.
to initiate a claim call 800 538 4181 or call
customer service call 800 458 7070
JE Robison Service will repair cars covered by APCO EasyCare contracts, no matter where you bought the vehicle. In addition, we provide repairs under most other service contracts from reputable providers.
QUESTIONS ABOUT SERVICE CONTRACTS
- Are service contracts and extended warranties the same?
- Service contracts take over when the manufacturer warranty ends. Because good contracts closely follow the coverage of new car warranty many people call them extended warranty. But the correct term is service contract, because an independent company, not the car manufacturer, provides them.
- What does a contract cover?
- Several plans are available. Basic plans provide powertrain-only coverage. TotalCare plans cover virtually the entire vehicle.
Contact us if you have specific coverage questions, or for help deciding which plan is appropriate for you.
- What other benefits can an EasyCare contract provide?
- EasyCare Gold contracts provide these valuable additional benefits:
- Rental car coverage for a covered repair
- Zero deductible road hazard coverage on tires and wheels for TotalCare and StatedCare contract holders
- Towing coverage for a covered repair
- Trip interruption food and lodging for up to 3 days if your vehicle needs a covered repair more than 50 miles from home
- Renewability you can now purchase a new contract prior to the expiration of your current contract
- Transferrability if you sell your car to another private party you can now transfer the contract to the buyers
- How long do contracts last?
- Easycare Gold contracts offer terms of up to ten years from the date of contract purchase or 100,000 miles on new cars, and up to seven years up to 100,000 miles on late model used cars that are still under factory warranty. Qualified used cars that are out of warranty but have less than 60,000 miles on them are eligible for coverage up to 4 years or 50,000 miles. Used cars with 60,001 to 80,000 miles are eligible for up to 3 year/36,000 mile coverage. Used cars with 80,001 to 120,000 miles are eligible for 12 month/12,000 mile coverage.
- How much do EasyCare contracts cost?
- EasyCare contracts are competitively priced. Exact cost depends upon your vehicles make and model, how long it has been in service, the term of coverage, deductible and the plan you select. For qualified applicants, contracts may be financed with a minimum of 10% down and the balance in 12 monthly installments.
- Why should I choose EasyCare over inexpensive contracts I see offered online?
- First of all, look at the companys ability to pay your claims. What good is the contract you bought online if the company goes broke next year? As a unit of Ford, you can be sure EasyCare will be there when needed.
Second, look at how a repair is covered. Many bargain contracts will not cover labor at normal shop rates, and they may require you to use inferior or even junkyard repair parts. EasyCare will pay normal labor rates and cover the use of first quality, genuine repair parts. No shortcuts.
Third, look at payment. Off-price companies require you to pay for a repair and wait for reimbursement. EasyCare contracts will pay the repair shop directly, and they are accepted by most new car dealers in the country.
- Do I have to bring a car to JE Robison Service to have it fixed?
- No, you can choose any licensed repair facility. But we hope you'll choose us whenever you're nearby.
- Is my contract transferable to the next owner?
- Yes. One of the most valuable features is transferability. You can sell your car to a friend with confidence because the coverage can be transferred to them with no interruption. This can increase the value of your car substantially, as well as making it more desirable.
- Does my contract cover preexisting conditions?
- No, it does not. It is important that you make sure to have any problems your car has now resolved by your new car warranty before it ends. If you are covered by an EasyCare contract and your car suffers a failure the day after manufacturer warranty ends, you'll be covered. But if the failure actually happened some time ago your problem may not be covered by either EasyCare or the manufacturer. Further, if your problem is a result of accident, abuse, neglect, or failure to perform scheduled maintenance you may not have coverage for certain problems. So its very important to be sure your cars service is up to date.
- Are EasyCare contracts available on all cars sold by JE Robison Service?
- We offer contracts on most cars we sell. Certain exotic cars, antique and old cars, and cars having very high mileage, fall outside of the EasyCare underwriting guidelines.
- Are EasyCare contracts available on vehicles bought elsewhere?
- Yes, provided the vehicle passes our certification inspection and meets our underwriting guidelines.
- Can you explain the deductibles?
- We offer EasyCare contracts with zero, $50, $100 or $200 deductibles. A zero deductible means just that repairs are fully covered with no cost to you. A $100 deductible means you pay the first $100 toward all covered repairs each visit. In other words, if you bring in your car with three covered problems in one visit, your cost for those repairs will total $100. Unless you specify a different deductible your EasyCare contract will have a $100 deductible.
- Does my EasyCare contract provide benefits when my car is still under new car warranty?
- Yes! Many of our plans offer substantial benefits right from day one roadside assistance, towing, and substitute transportation to name a few. Contact us to discuss the benefits of your particular plan.
- How do you determine what to pay for a particular claim?
- EasyCares administrators will pay the repair shop of your choice their regular hourly rate, provided it is consistent with prevailing rates in your area. The total time covered will be based upon industry standard flat rate repair guides. Most parts are covered based upon the same standard repair guides. Once the repairs are done, EasyCare will pay the repair shop directly by check or credit card.