Only at JE Robison Service WAXOYL rustproofing products professionally appliedWe are America’s best known and most experienced installer of Waxoyl rustproofing products. Waxoyl is widely recognized as the best rustproofing product for your collector automobile. It is the preferred method of protecting Jaguar, Land Rover and Rolls Royce vehicles. It's been used in all climates and under all conditions for 30 years.
General manager John Robison has written several articles on the use of Waxoyl products. Read a reprint.
Waxoyl is especially effective for controlling rust and corrosion on older vehicles. The chemicals in Waxoyl soak into rust and stop it in its tracks better than any other compound we've seen. Unlike lesser “rustproofing” systems that only work on new cars, Waxoyl is effective on cars of all ages, and can substantially extend the life of older vehicles that have already started to rust. No car is too old to benefit from this process. We are so confident in our Waxoyl treatment that we can give this five year guarantee: if you see any rust coming through our Waxoyl coating, return the truck to us and we will clean and treat the affected area and reapply the coating free! In some cases, metal repair will be needed and that is not covered by our coating warranty. Also, we cannot guarantee vehicles that are heavily rusted at the time of application.
Your vehicle can be rustproofed at JE Robison Service in only one day in many cases. Drop it off in the morning, take a loaner car for the day, and pick up at day's end. We will power wash the undercarriage, dry it, and remove any original factory wax and any loose scale. We then prepare the surfaces and apply both Waxoyl cavity protection and Waxoyl undercar hard wax.
Older vehicles that need additional preparation will take longer. We suggest leaving older cars for a few days.
Our trained staff will spend hours cleaning and preparing the surfaces, then we will hoist your car on two separate lifts to ensure we have access to all the nooks and crannies where rust can accumulate. We apply Waxoyl with our special high pressure wands to the insides of your doors, sills, inner frame panels, and all those other areas where rust sprouts.
Waxoyl rustproofing is effective on all cars. It is particularly important on Land Rovers and other vehicles that are driven off road, where mud will get packed into the frame and stay wet for weeks. Who better to rustproof your Land Rover than the Land Rover Experts at JE Robison Service?
Pricing — complete jobs:Waxoyl pricing varies with the degree of difficulty and the amount of material required. For example, Land Rover Defender models are significantly more time consuming and material intensive than Freelanders.
In addition, it takes longer to prepare an older truck than a new one. The prices shown below cover the application of Waxoyl to new or completely rust free vehicles.
|Freelander / LR2||$949|
|Defender and Series, under 100 inch wheelbase||$1149|
|110 and over||$1449|
Prep work, if required, costs $45 per hour in addition to the prices above. If you have a 7-8 year-old Rover with some corrosion you should anticipate half a day to a full day to prepare the truck. Prep work consists of scaling off rust flakes, wire wheeling old paint, removing old undercoats, and doing any other work to ensure that the Waxoyl adheres to the vehicle.
We can also perform any welding repairs
|Jaguar||XK120, 140, 150 and XKE, show car job with
mostly clear Waxoyl
|modern sedans and coupes: XJ6, XJ8, XJS,
XK8, S and X Type
|Rolls Royce||Silver Shadow and newer||$1299|
|Silver Cloud: mostly clear product||$1499|
|clear product for older show cars||$1499|
|Mercedes||all models, mid 1950s to 1995||$849|
|Make an appointment to have Waxoyl applied|
Call or email for pricing on other makes or for special applications.
|Spray cans, 16 ounce: cavity protection (clear)||$ 21.95|
|Spray can, hard wax (black)
|5-Litre can for bulk application: cavity protector||$206.00|
|5-Litre can for bulk application: hard wax||$211.00|
|Call our Parts Department at 413-785-5395
to order Waxoyl products
More about the products:WAXOYL Professional 120-4 Cavity Protection - "Internal medicine" for cavities - prevents corrosion from flourishing in hiding. We use a special applicator gun with long flexible wands to "fog" the material into all the hard-to-reach areas of your vehicle. This is a critical step in the professional application of the Waxoyl system, and one that can't be done well with home kits. Remember that rust often starts on the inside of doors, bulkheads, and frame rails. Our fogging process will stop this on new cars and halt or slow it on older cars.
- Protects cavities against corrosion from the inside out, thus guaranteeing the inner values of a new car for life.
- Waxoyl's water-repellant additives and high performance inhibitors offer long-term protection against corrosion.
- It is atomized as a fine mist through existing openings in the car body with the help of specially customized tools and using a professional spray manual.
- Also gets to hard-to-reach spots without difficulty, thanks to its good penetration.
- Reaches the smallest crevices, corners and cavities.
- The wax-based product offers long-lasting adherence and forms a clear, water-resistant, highly flexible protective film.
- Will not restrict or plug water drain holes.
- Environmentally friendly, does not drip, does not impair any other materials on the vehicle.
- Prolongs bodywork life, thus increasing the resale value.
- Protects metal components in engine compartment and boot, on doors and door sills.
- Also good for insulating electrical components against damp.
We also apply Waxoyl Hardwax Underbody Protection—This is a heavier black product. It provides underbody protection against road salt, grit, dirt and other harmful substances and long-lasting protection against corrosion.
- Hard wax is the part of a Waxoyl application you can see.
- Guarantees a long life even for modern, unibody frame constructions thanks to the special composition of its wax-based protective film.
- Particularly resistant to abrasion. Hard wax resists gravel spray in areas like wheel wells, and it is easily touched up if needed.
- Always remains smooth and resilient, thanks to special additives.
- Excellent adhesive properties.
- Will not drip at high temperatures or become brittle in sub-zero weather.